Valley of Death--_-- Valley of Death--_--

Nice work.

This is real.. you can really feel the music. Nice selection of notes and samples, it's really bassy but tight at the same time with a lot pitch fad outs. It's just 'great', nuff said.

Distant Memories (Tribute) Distant Memories (Tribute)

Death!.

It was a good move to not use vocals, it usually ruins songs and this way the listener can make up any of his own words to it. Some nice playing here, even if it wasn't some insane shredding sweeps and all that jazz.

Fantasie Mystique (NG Cut) Fantasie Mystique (NG Cut)

Meh

The drums were really compressed and dull sounding, extremely muffled. Most of the song was extremely quiet and had one or so notes just sort of drifting in the background till a whole complete stop of sound. I think it build up a bit too slow to the climax of the song, and it ended too soon after it. Fix the drums at least, those were the biggest problem.

WritersBlock responds:

I tried to get the drums right, I really did. It just doesn't seem to work for me, although it's a lot better than I've had in the past.
Thanks for the review. =D

Battlefield 1942 Metalized Battlefield 1942 Metalized

Woah there buddy

Talk about being tuned to like Drop C and playing open notes. You need more shredding across various octaves and do a bit less of the low heavy metal playing, it's like listening to a bass on distortion but with even less note clearity.

CWN responds:

Um, It's drop A Tuning on a 7 String guitar.

Basshunter - Russia Privjet Basshunter - Russia Privjet

Hmm?

This was submitted as a "Music Loop" but it doesn't exactly loop well, there is a very evident ending and starting point so it's not a loop in my definition. It was ok, but it sounds just like the rest of the techno on this site.

D-A-J responds:

It's on "Loop" cause its too short to be a "Full" track, hope it didn't confuse you...

Valhalla Bound Valhalla Bound

Hmm

I don't know, it didn't hit the spot for me. the guitars need to be louder and more on top as they will be what will be carrying the song in a sense. More shredding and more treble'y/agreesive distortion would be nice.

Little Piano Tune Little Piano Tune

Not bad

Though it is indeed just arpeggios and not even a half a minute long, I enjoyed listening to it and I love pianos added to that. It also had a bit of a melody to it and it was actually quite beautiful so I will give you a 9 for all that, even though as mentioned.. it was just arpeggios and 25 seconds long. Is it you playing or GuitarPro, Reason, other? because if it is you, you're pretty good with phrasing blazingly fast.

joe-bill-black responds:

Well, first off thanks for the review! And, sorry to disapoint you but I'm not the one playing... I acctually did this with keyboard and mouse... and I used FL Studio.

climbing through the hole climbing through the hole

Hmm

Sounds a bit like Squarepusher, but slowed down a lot and with less insane synth. It was pretty good though, try making a more complex and sped up drum beat and it would go will with the background melody

snayk responds:

Thanks for the review!

I'm not always into the maniacal drums with hard synths, and besides, I'd rather do it my way. I'm quite pleased with the end result here, and my aim is to sound like snayk, not Squarepusher.

Thanks again.

Drifting Onwards Drifting Onwards

Hmm

It's not bad. You could try make some sort of melodic riff or two to play for the lead because power chords aren't enough in my opinion. The solos were not bad, but the first one was pretty simple.

It's All Good It's All Good

Awesome.

Makes me want to nod my head to the beat, so you win!

Druids-Warcry responds: